This is a quick soup recipe that costs pennies per serving and lasts for several meals. It uses canned and frozen foods, and can be adapted for whatever you have sitting around the pantry.
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1 tbsp butter
1 beef or chicken bouillon cube
1 can lentils
1 can diced or chopped tomatoes
1 can beans in mild chili sauce
1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
1 liter of boiling water
salt & pepper to taste
cheese for topping
1. Saute garlic in butter.
2. Add bouillon cube to garlic until incorporated.
3. Add 1/2 liter of hot/boiling water, can of lentils, can of tomatoes. Bring to a boil, then reduce temperature to a simmer.
4. (optional) use hand mixer to blend soup.
5. Add can of beans, frozen vegetables and remainder of hot water.
6. Simmer for 20 minutes.
7. Add salt & pepper to taste, and more water, if desired.
8. Serve topped with grated cheese, accompanied by a chunk of crusty bread for dipping.